Pancakes are a holiday staple around our house, but they always make me feel a bit sluggish—even gluten free ones. I discovered that oat flour doesn’t have that effect on us and this recipe is a little bit indulgent with the almond extract and salted butter.
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Salted butter (for the griddle)
- Pure maple syrup (for serving)
Directions. Combine all of the dry ingredients thoroughly in a batter bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour four-inch circles of batter onto a hot griddle or pan, flip when batter becomes bubbly. These will cook just a minute or two, depending on your pan. I used a cast iron griddle and biscuit forms to make these perfectly round, but any pan will do.