This one came from a need to use a head of cabbage I’d picked from the garden for this recipe. I’d only used a couple of leaves and wanted to do something with the rest before it became forgotten in my crisper. I also had some fresh snap peas harvested this morning, so I decided to put them together. This ended up being tart, spicy, sweet and crunchy with the added depth of the tarragon’s light licorice flavor.
For the slaw:
- One small head of cabbage (if store bought, use half or less), chopped into bite size or smaller chunks
- About a cup of fresh snap peas or green beans, ends snapped off and cut into thirds
- 10-12 cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3-4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- A light dusting of cayenne pepper
Combine all of the vegetables and toss in a medium sized bowl. I love this bowl for everything.
Combine all of the dressing items and whisk. add the dressing to the slaw and toss. Enjoy on its own or as a side dish.