I love making fancy cocktails. I got especially enthusiastic about cocktails when I realized I can put herb sprigs from my garden in them and smell all that goodness while having a nice drink. Here’s a little something I concocted last night—I’m calling it Christmas Sangria.
- 4-5 oz dry red wine (I used a zin. You could use a sweeter wine or an actual sangria but I prefer my drinks on the dryer side).
- 1 oz bourbon (you don’t need much, the combo of bourbon and wine gives this one a punch)
- A tablespoon simple syrup or honey, to taste
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- A squeeze of orange juice
- A few fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary for garnish
- A pretty glass full of ice
- A cocktail shaker
Pour all ingredients Except the cranberries and rosemary into the shaker. Shake vigorously. Pour over ice. Serves 1.